Who Are We?
Migrant Solidarity Association (GDD) is a rights-based non-governmental organization founded in 2016 by human rights defenders from various professional groups (Doctor, Lawyer, Social Worker, Psychologist, etc.) who have been operating in the field of migration and asylum for many years. GDD; It supports refugees and immigrants' access to rights regardless of religion, political, ethnic, gender discrimination or gender orientation. GDD, which established the "Refugee Consultation and Support Center" in partnership with Şişli Municipality and Expertise France at the time of its establishment, works to facilitate refugees' access to health, education, access to justice and other social rights, especially public services. Immigrant Solidarity Association, which partnered with Welthungerhilfe (WHH), one of Germany's largest humanitarian aid organizations, in 2018, continues its activities in Şişli
* GDD carries out its activities with the principles of confidentiality, reliability, volunteerism, transparency and accountability.
* By adopting an approach in line with justice and equality to people who apply for support; It accepts people without discrimination based on belief, language, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation or any social status.
* Fundamental human rights of refugees; It takes steps primarily to mobilize state resources, with a rights-based approach, without any discrimination in access to health, education, socio-economic and legal support.
* Gender-based sensitivities are taken into account in the services provided.
* Based on the concept of solidarity, it aims to determine the own needs of the group it works with and enable mutual solutions to be produced.
* The purpose of GDD is; is to consider the services provided in the field of refugees from a holistic perspective. In line with this purpose, the Board of Directors consists of members who are lawyers, social workers, doctors, psychotherapists, psychiatrists and activists in the field of human rights.
What Do We Do?
Immigrant Solidarity Association carries out studies to support refugees in 4 main areas. In this context, within the scope of the project partnership established with Welthungerhilfe (WHH) in 2018, we try to ensure that the services and supports provided by local governments and public institutions for asylum seekers, refugees and immigrants are accessible, as well as providing shelter, hygiene, clean water, food, etc., especially in residential areas. It also carries out studies to identify the problems experienced in these matters and the needs of groups with special needs such as the elderly, disabled, pregnant women and young children, and to meet these needs.
One of our main goals is to produce solutions that will facilitate the adaptation of asylum seekers, refugees and immigrants to daily life and to establish good relations with local residents. In all our work, we carry out activities that will strengthen the culture of living together, aiming to raise awareness by fighting discrimination, as well as ensuring that refugees, asylum seekers and immigrants have access to fundamental rights.
About HealthAccess Support
We provide consultancy to refugees so that they can access all kinds of health services, especially from public hospitals, and we provide interpreter support to overcome the language barrier when necessary. We ensure that refugees who have legal obstacles to benefiting from public services and/or who are in high risk groups receive polyclinic services from hospitals that have a special protocol with our Association. We also provide medicines from pharmacies that we have a protocol with, so that the refugees we benefit from these services can get their prescribed medicines.
Mental Health Support: We provide psycho-social counseling services to our applicants whose needs are determined in our center.
We provide both consultancy and accompaniment services so that refugees can access their legal rights and receive legal aid in any litigation process.